Heading into the weekend knowing I have to work, I wanted to make something relatively healthy and yummy for the kids to snack on, or even have for breakfast. Other than cereal and toast, oatmeal is another staple in our house so I decided to make a sweet treat using rolled oats. This recipe is super easy to make and it can all be done using one bowl! Yay!
- 2 flaxseed eggs (2 tablespoon ground flax + 6 tablespoons water) Mix and set aside for 15 minutes
- 2 medium bananas, ripened
- 1/2 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×12 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas and mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Stir and fold in the dry ingredients: oats, baking powder and baking soda. Add in chocolate chips. ***You can also add in any nuts you desire.***
- Pour and even layer of the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until just lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool for about 1/2 hour and cut into bars.
Super easy, super yummy! I know these won’t last long in my house. Enjoy!