Personally, I prefer vanilla and salted caramel over chocolate but if you offer me dark chocolate I cannot resist. And dark chocolate mixed with nuts, and seeds and dry fruit – I’m totally all in! For those of you who know me well or have been to my house, you know that a staple in our fridge is chocolate bark. It’s our go to for a quick fix to satisfy our sweet cravings. For dinner parties I always receive requests to make this easy, but very satisfying dessert which I totally don’t mind at all because it’s super easy to make. Today I thought I’d share a recipe that was inspired by one that I of course I found on Pinterest but modified more to my liking. The great thing about chocolate bark is that you can’t really screw it up. You literally melt the chocolate and add whatever seeds, nuts and fruit you want, with a bit of seal salt and that is it!
First grab whatever nuts and seeds you want to use and give them a quick toast in the oven.
Then grab your chocolate and melt it. I usually just throw it in the microwave stirring every 30-45 seconds until its melted. (Super easy)
Then spread the chocolate on a parchment lined baking sheet and cover with your desired toppings. Thats it!
Such an easy dessert/treat to make which also makes for a great activity to do with your littles because of how simple it is. Here’s to a sweet and happy Monday all!
RECIPE – (makes approximately 25 pieces)
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate I like to use chocolate least 70% cocao content . (Because the kids don’t love the super dark chocolate I will sometimes mix a bit of semisweet chocolate as well)
- ¾ cup raw nuts or seeds (choose from pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, pistachios etc)
- ¼ cup of dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, coconut flakes etc)
- About ½ teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toast the nuts/seeds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about about 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Then roughly chop.
- While waiting melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each until just melted.
- Spread the chocolate onto a lined baking sheet about 1/4″ thickness.
- Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the chocolate, followed by the dried fruit and sea salt.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for about 2 hours or throw in the fridge if you are in a hurry for about 20 min.
- Once the chocolate is completely hardened, simply break apart with your hands. I will usually store my chocolate bark in the fridge for up to a week but you can store at room temperature too if you prefer.